(NOTE: This article is currently just a stub … )
So, this is what I was up to tonight. I researched and learned the following techniques:
- Excel data validation list from named range in another worksheet
- Build drop-down menu in Excel
- How to delete duplicate rows using in-place filtering
- Keyboard shortcut for entering and opening drop-down menu in an Excel cell (Hint: <ALT+down arrow> to fully open menu)
- Is it possible to do a case select statement (aka: switch statement) in Excel’s native formula apparatus? Short answer – No. To do something like that you have to use VBA. … Incidentally, I’m falling asleep otherwise I’d have done VBA tutorials, but that’ll just have to wait for another blog entry.
- And finally … How to change background cell color without using VBA in Excel 2003
Now, folks, you may be wondering “Why would the CodeSlayer go to all the trouble? What fancy project does HE have brewing?” Well, get ready to assuage your thirst for answers because I’m about to show you what all this learning was for…. And here it is (see fig. 1.0):
To accomplish one of goals of sorting all my music pages that are sitting around in various piles, I decided to make an Excel spreadsheet. I designed this spreadsheet fairly simply. Notice it has columns to indicate song name, artist, whether I can sing it, play it on guitar, have the lyrics, or have the tablature. I’m using a basic binary tally method (either box has a “x” indicating “yes” or it is empty, indicating “no”). But, you’ll also notice a column called “Mood”.
Recently I’ve started to think that perhaps by continuing to sing songs like “She f***in Hates Me” or “I’m a Creep”, that I’m, by the Law of Attraction and Law of Concentration drawing those types of life experiences to me, which is emphatically NOT what I want! Thus, I’m endeavoring to not only figure out what songs I have in my possession (to keep from wasting time re-downloading the tab or lyrics), but I’m also attempting to identify what songs express the type of vibes I want to be sending out and attracting back to me. In this case, “Positive” and “Attractive” classifications are desired.
I’ve completed about 80 songs so far, and it’s been a work in progress, with a bit of layout refactoring here and there. But overall, it’s been an enjoyable task so far… There’s just something completely fulfilling about seing something through to completion. This is the type of task I believe famed motivational speaker Brian Tracy (who I’ve been listening to religiously on the way to work as an excellent alternative to the uber-negative, snarky talk radio personalities) might classify as “C” priority level, I am doing as much as I can each weekend until it’s done. That amounts to about 4-6 hours a week. My goal is full completion within 3 calendar weeks. Then I’ll need to use about as much time for the 2nd phase, which is scanning all my papers to pdf files.
So anyway guys and gals, that’s the main project I worked on in free time at home tonight and I just wanted to share that with you.
Many blessings and Prosperity,
- Excel Data Validation List from Another Workbook
- vba for excel – create a validation list based on the data from another sheet in the same book (stackoverflow.com)
- Packaging and Reusing VBA Code in Excel (stackoverflow.com)
- 21,219 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Comcast Arris TG862 Gateway modem+router Won't connect to ASUS X401A Mini-Laptop
- Building A PHP Database Connection Class From Scratch (using Singleton & ActiveRecord patterns)
- How To Make Ten Million Dollars In Gold With Photoshop!
- Lynda.com PHP MySQL WAMP Project: Widget Corp - Progress Update - 2012.02.07
- Why aren’t my feeds being published? | RSS Graffiti
- SOLVED: So, Why Do I get "Unable to complete Genuine Windows Validation" When I Know For A Fact It Was Already Validated???
- HP Photosmart 7510 - Can't eFax, Bogus "not connected to a network message"
- What Is The Difference Between A Netbook, Notebook, Ultrabook, Laptop, & Palmtop?
- Q & A: How To Schedule Publishing Of Multiple Posts in WordPress?
- Verizon Not Allowing Customers Who Are Behind In Payments To Downgrade Plans
- Xbox? More like Xbody: Future game consoles will get under your skin May 25, 2013
- Communications satellite launched into space May 25, 2013
- Mars hit by space rocks 200 times a year May 25, 2013
- .CodeSlayer's Posts (26)
- .Of Interest (53)
- API Programming (1)
- Facebook (1)
- Audio Video Multimedia (2)
- Books For Developers (1)
- Computer Hardware (6)
- Content Delivery Networks & Hosting (2)
- CSS (1)
- Database Administration (1)
- Developer Journal (4)
- DOS Command Line (4)
- Employers Clients & Projects (1)
- Freelancing (7)
- Game Development & Design (1)
- Gotcha's, Pitfalls, & Common Errors (5)
- Graphic Design (3)
- Hacker & Startup Culture (1)
- Hacking & Crime (2)
- HARDWARE & DRIVER TROUBLESHOOTING (1)
- Home Entertainment (2)
- jQuery (1)
- Just Freekin Awesome! (2)
- LOLs & Humor (1)
- Lynda.com (1)
- Mozilla (1)
- MS Office (1)
- MS Windows Issues (1)
- MySQL (2)
- Object Oriented Programming (1)
- Online Programming Courses (1)
- Online Revenue (1)
- Open Source (1)
- Photoshop (1)
- PHP (4)
- Powershell (1)
- Professional Development (1)
- Programming Interview Questions (1)
- Q & A (4)
- Quotes (1)
- Robots & Cyborgs (2)
- Security & Privacy (5)
- Social Networking (5)
- Software Reviews (1)
- Tech & Nerd News (10)
- Technical Blogging (9)
- Telephony & Communications (1)
- Uncategorized (37)
- Web Development Projects (5)
- WordPress (6)
- Plugins (1)